Mercy Centre is sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Goulburn Congregation.
The organisation provides a range of services to people with disabilities in Albury, Wodonga, Orange, Narrabri and Coffs Harbour areas as well as in Papua New Guinea.
- Supported Accommodation in group homes
- Drop in accommodation support in clients' residence in the community
- Day programmes through Community Participation and other post school options funding
- Transition To Work programmes
- Financial management and budgeting assistance
- Individual and family counselling
The organisation specialises in providing services to those who are in greatest need and who often exist on the fringes of society. In reality this translates to people who exhibit challenging behaviour, people from an Aboriginal background, people with a psychiatric illness, homeless people and people with other high support needs.
Mercy Centre is mainly funded by the NSW Family and Community Servcies, Department of Ageing, Disability and Homecare (ADHC) and the Victorian Department of Human Services (DHS).